I am excited and nervous at the same time. Last May when I first went without sugar that first week was killer! I had horrible headaches because of the sugar withdrawals but after I got past that, I started to feel great so I am just trying to keep that memory in my head!
So you may ask,
What do you eat when you can't eat any sugar?
You just have to read labels like crazy! Almost everything has unnecessary added sugar!
Here is our dinner meal plan
Roast Chicken w/ Veggies
- Shred remaining meat and save for Southwest Soup.
-Place chicken carcass, 1 cut up onion, 2 cut up carrots, and 2 cut up celery stalks into a crock pot and cover with water. Cook on low for 8-12 hours. Strain and reserve 4 cups for Southwest Soup. Freeze remaining stock for later use.
- Use leftover Chicken and Chicken Stock
Enchiladas w/ Corn
-Use this Enchilada Sauce Recipe
BBQ Salmon w/ Potatoes and Steamed Green Beans
- Place Salmon fillets in a ziploc bag and top with this BBQ sauce and thin with water. Allow Salmon to marinate for at least 1 hour. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Lasagna w/ Salad and Garlic Bread
- Double the meat and triple the crushed tomatoes and tomato paste. Save extra sauce and reserve for Spaghetti Pie, Spaghetti, and Stuffed Shells.
French Dip Sandwiches w/ Steamed Broccoli
Spaghetti Pie w/ Salad
-Combine cooked spaghetti noodles with cream cheese and sour cream. Place in pie plate and top with leftover sauce and then top with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes
Pineapple Chicken w/ Steamed Carrots and Rice Pilaf
Meatloaf w/ Mashed Potatoes and Peas
- Add pureed Cauliflower to the Mashed Potatoes
-Use this Ketchup Recipe
Spaghetti w/ Salad and Bread
- Use leftover sauce
Hawaiian Chicken w/ Roasted Asparagus and Squash
- Combine 1 T Melted Butter w/ 1 T Olive Oil. Coat Asparagus and Sprinkle with Salt and Lemon Pepper. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally
Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup w/ Salad
Egg Souffle w/ Fruit and Bacon
Spinach and Cheese Stuffed Shells
-Use leftover red sauce
So do you want to join us in our sugar free adventure?
Or share your favorite sugar free recipe?