When we made our move across the country, we stopped by my Great Aunt Ann’s house in Memphis, TN. She inherited all of my Great Grandmother’s recipe books and I was eager to have a look through them! The diamond from my engagement ring was passed down to me from my Great Grandmother so even though we never met, I feel a special connection to her. I couldn’t wait to read her recipes written in her own handwriting. I jotted down quite a few recipes before my hands gave out on me! Many of my Great Grandmother’s recipes came from her dear friend Olive. The recipe I am sharing today is courtesy of Olive!
Baked Potatoes are a classic side dish that pair well with so many main dishes. These baked potatoes are changed just enough to make an impact while still retaining the classic flavors that will pair beautifully with a nice juicy steak or Thanksgiving dinner.
Olive’s Baked Potatoes
8 Yukon Gold Potatoes
2 Tablespoons Melted Butter
1 ½ Cups Panko Breadcrumbs
½ Teaspoon Jane’s Krazy Salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place Breadcrumbs and Krazy Salt in a blender or food processor and process until very finely ground.
3. Peel potatoes then roll in melted butter.
4. Roll buttered potatoes in breadcrumbs and place in a well-buttered baking dish.
5. Cover baking dish with foil and cook for 60 – 70 minutes.
6. Garnish with sour cream, cheese, butter, or anything else you would load into a baked potato!