Sunday, December 19, 2010

So there were two doctors that just came in. The consensus is that they are going to wait until tomorrow to do the surgery.

In the morning, they are going to take another x-ray to see where the remaining contrast has gone so they can hopefully tell exactly where the obstruction starts. They also want to try a few other procedures that may help, one of which is replacing the NG tube with a larger one... yay...

If that doesn't help, then they will go for the surgery. The surgery will be a two birds with one stone type surgery. First, obviously, is to get the baby out. Then it will be exploratory surgery to find the obstruction and remove it.

Each possibility has it's pros and cons. If the other procedures work, the pros are 1. It worked 2. Claire gets to stay in and keep growing 3. No surgery (besides the c-section). The con is what I'm watching now; Keri's having a pretty rough time with all this.

If we end up going to surgery the pros are 1. Keri's pain should pretty much instantly be gone 2. We have a kid 3. Tax break! The cons are 1. Claire is still fairly early and there are minimal, but possible health risks 2. Keri goes through yet another major surgery.

Praying for the Lord's guidance in this difficult time. Thanks for all the prayers and words of encouragement!


Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know Sean, Cy and Nicole are keeping you guys in our Prayers. Let me know if you need help with anything.
Brian if you guys need baby stuff there are some great second hand stores down here and I can look around for you. Love cousin nicole.

Emily said...

Ronk family you are in my prayers. Kennedy was 5 weeks early and she was just fine. So I know that the Lord is watching over your little one. Tell Keri to put all her trust in the Lord. He will give her the strength she needs.

Jenny said...

We love you guys, and we're continuing the prayer chain. Thanks for the updates. Stay warm!

CLR said...

We will continue to pray too.

This must be a frightening time, but your faith is strong and it shows. Continue to trust our Lord, He is in control, even when the Doctors seem to be otherwise.

Grace, Mercy, and Peace to you all.

Shirley said...

So sorry to hear you are having such a difficult time. I work for the surgeons here, so I understand the problem. Al & I are praying for yall. God is in control and he will see you through. We love you guys & miss you.

Bekah said...

Brian, We are still praying for the direction of the doctors, peace for you and Keri, and that Keri would have some kind of relief! Thank you so much for the updates!