These chocolate chip cookies are so yummy! They are grain free and mostly refined sugar free! These cookies are also super quick to whip up when that sweet craving hits which makes living without wheat just a little bit easier! Brian really liked them too and he is pretty leery of all the new wheat free things that I have been trying lately!
Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Based on Detoxinista's Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1.5 cups blanched almond flour (Make your own!)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 16 cranks pink salt :) (yes, I am super scientific)
- 2 tablespoons softened grass fed butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (Make your own!)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl combine almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a different bowl combine egg, softened butter, vanilla, and maple syrup.
- Gradually add wet mixture to dry mixture, once combined add mini chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon full onto a baking stone and cook for 12 minutes. They spread quite a bit so give them lots of room!
- Enjoy and try not to eat the whole batch! :)
- I prefer the Enjoy Life brand of mini chocolate chips.
- These cookies aren't super sturdy but they are soft and fluffy so I am okay with the not very sturdy aspect. I would recommend against stacking them on a plate.
- I usually get about 18 cookies per batch. Feel free to double or triple the recipe!