Tuesday, May 1, 2012
April Recap and May Goals
This is a quickie recap because I am about to head out to pick up my sister from WSU! Yikes.. I am a little nervous for the 5ish hour drive but I have plenty of Nancy Wilson audio to listen to!
- Read through Psalms.. Success! I really enjoyed Psalms! Its hard to read it and not get songs stuck in your head!
- Get back to running/half marathon training.. Fail.. Spraining my ankle on Easter really put me out of this one. I still can't point my toes downward and my ankle really hurts if I turn it certain angles.
- Get back on track with healthy eats.. I don't really know how to gauge this one...
- Juice everyday!!!!! Fail :( With transitioning from house sitting to home there was a day or two where we literally had nothing to juice.
- Paint the bathroom.. Success! My year of procrastinating is finally over!
- Stay on top of laundry... Fail... I got behind one day and still haven't caught up.
- Start sorting stuff for a garage sale in May... Fail. Totally forgot about this.
- Go to the Children's Museum twice.. Success! We renewed our membership this month to so we are good to go for another year! Who wants to go with us?
- Go to the library for story time... Fail. Totally forgot about this
- Go to a park... Success! We actually made it to 2 parks!
- Go on 2 walks... Fail... Blaming the ankle.
- Get the ball rolling with changing the kitchen back splash.... Totally forgot about this.
Wow.. I failed on a bunch of goals because I forgot about them! I think I should probably start printing out my goals and posting them somewhere around the house so that I remember them!!
(This month's goals list is super short since the first one is a big deal)
- Wheat Free Month. Yikes. I had some allergy testing done this past month and it showed that I am allergic to bananas and have a mild wheat allergy. Before I give up my beloved breads for good, I thought it would be a good idea to test it for a month and see if I really notice a difference in how I feel. (BTW, I am not allergic to peanuts as I had thought! It was the bananas since I always ate my peanut butter on bananas... Weird!)
- The Color Run!! Even if I have to crawl the whole thing, I am doing it! I plan to try to walk/jog depending on how my ankle feels.
- Two trips to the Children's Museum
- Keep up with laundry, dishes, making the bed, etc.