Pineapple BBQ Chicken
1 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
BBQ Sauce (We like Sweet Baby Rays)
2 Pineapple Rings
Any combination of shredded cheese that you like (I used Cheddar and Mozzarella)
1. Place your chicken breast in a Ziploc bag, squirt BBQ sauce onto chicken, add a little bit of water to the bag and mash it up. This makes your marinade. Refrigerate bag for at least 1 hour.
2. Remove chicken from refrigerator and pound out the chicken to get it nice and thin. I don't have a meat mallet/tenderizer so I used an ice cream scoop. :)
3. Once your chicken it at a thickness that you like, remove chicken from bag. Cut your chicken breast into 2 equal pieces and place chicken on a foil covered baking sheet or your stoneware.
4. Top each piece with a ring of pineapple. Then spread a thin layer of BBQ sauce on top of the pineapple. Top it off with your cheese.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
We dehydrated the remaining pineapple rings from the can and they were so good! Another great recipe for using up the remaining pineapple rings is Hungry Girls Banzai Burger Swap. When we make those we use real burgers rather than Boca's because well... I am married to Brian :)
Also Brian informed me that he could have eaten 2 servings of this chicken by himself. So feel free to double the recipe! I certainly will next time!